Buy smart and save with discounts ×

Copy Topic

Adriano

• Administrator

Copy Topic

This application will allow moderators with permission to MOVE CONTENT to also copy topics to the same forum, to another forum or even to a Club topics feature.

Topic Info tab:

• Choose the destination forum (it can be the same forum) or a club topics feature
  • Topic title: popup appears with the current title, but you can type a new one
  • Topic author: popup appears with the current author, but you can choose a new one

Topic State tab:

• Allows you to start the  new topic with the following states: locked, pinned, hidden and featured
  • This tab will only appears if the moderator has any of the permissions: lock content, pin content, hide content or feature content. If the moderator has only one of them, only this one will appear.

Topic Replies tab:

• Allows you to choose if you also want to copy the replies from the source topic. You also has the option to keep the original posts date or if they will have the current date/time on new topic.
  • This tab will only appears if the source topic has replies.

Extra Data tab:

• Option to copy topic prefix and tags
  • Option to increment topic author content count.
  • If the source topic has a poll, it will display an option asking if you also want to copy the poll (not the votes, only questions and choices).

If the source topic has attachments, they will be added to the new topic as if they were added using the Insert existing attachment IPS4 feature.

• 1 year later...

Hi Adriano, I need your help.
A long time ago you gave me a css code to be able to solve my desire but now I can't find it anymore.
I'll explain:
With this your plugin Copy Topic 1.1.4 I could not copy also the new description field created by this other plugin https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7765-nb40-topic-description/
Would you be kind enough to help me solve my problem a second time? 

• Administrator

Vincenzo, you're asking me tcohings outside of the scope of my plugin. Honestly, I already did this to you one time... the support is on MY plugin. This is the last time!

Open the right php file in /plugins/copytopic and

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Text( 'ct_title', $topic->title, TRUE, array( 'trim' => FALSE, 'max' => 255 ) ) );

Add below:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Text( 'ct_description', $topic->description, TRUE, array( 'trim' => FALSE, 'max' => 255 ) ) );

Then find;

$newTopic->title = $values['ct_title'];

Add below:

$newTopic->description = $values['ct_description'];

I'm supposing the field is TOPIC_DESCRIPTION. If it isn't, search support with the other dev.

That's the most you will get from me on this.

I have to support on my plugin and it doesn't include 3rd-party!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrator

What's New in Version 1.4.1

• Adds the Update Check URL to let you know when a new version is available.

• 2 months later...

Hi, recently try to made copy from Club forum, but I found that missing Clubs added, or I missed something? 

Yes, now I can see the club tab opening the topic and select the Copy button, it seems not work when click and select the topic list page.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, recently try to made copy from Club forum, but I found that missing Clubs added, or I missed something? 

Yes, now I can see the club tab opening the topic and select the Copy button, it seems not work when click and select the topic list page.

The one in the forums is the right one. You must choose Throughout the community in the club setting Show Club Content Areas. It will show after that. In the topic view, it is hardcoded to always to show clubs, even if this setting uses the option Only within Clubs. That's not how it is used by IPS.