Buy smart and save with discounts ×

Tutorials

Adriano

• Administrator

Tutorials

A full-featured Tutorials/Article system for your IPS Community.

Here's a quick rundown of some of the features of this application:

• Fully compatible with the framework:
    • Clubs, Reactions, Recommended Comments, Follow categories and tutorials, Content Messages, Search, Tags, Reports, RSS Feed, RSS/Atom Feed Imports, Advertisement, Bulk Mail, Sitemap, etc.
  • Unlimited categories of articles, plus the unlimited depth of parent-child relationships
  • Category Image and Icon
  • Ability to use comments system or support topics, or both
  • Per-category permissions to show categories, read articles, submit articles, add comments, and avoid approval queues
  • Extra Fields that can be used per category, grouped (just like profile fields)
  • Ability to create polls in tutorials
  • Group permissions on specific actions
  • Moderator actions on articles and comments
  • Ability to attach files to tutorials and comments
  • Ability to quickly convert a forum post into a new tutorial
  • Ability to copy a tutorial from one category to another or the same category
  • Friendly URLs for tutorials and categories
  • Ability to rate tutorials
  • Ability to follow categories and tutorials to receive notifications on updates
  • Tools to create topics for existing tutorials, make tutorials of topics, and rebuild support topics text if you have changed the template on Tutorials settings.
  • And much, much more!

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Can you provide via PM your Tutorials table? Need to test it here as I never had this issue in the upgrade routine. Not even on IPS there's something related to this error.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

I don't know what it is... It seems ok, even on PayPal site.

Pay directly to me: adrfaria@yahoo.com.br. I'll add to your account.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Another excellent app. Quick question: why is it set up to post the videos after posting the tutorial? Don't posters get confused when they are told they can post videos and don't see the option in the main post? Maybe there should be a short sentence somewhere letting posters know that they will post the video 'after' they post the tutorial?

Again, great app.

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Giray said:

Quick question: why is it set up to post the videos after posting the tutorial?

Because of the very same issue we faced in in the Volunteers app: “multi records”. I can make a form to one video but then the user will want to add more, etc.

• Thanks 1

Hi Adriano. Could you check if you have any issues uploaded the 'image' in the tutorial app? When I try to upload an image it 'freezes'. I have to reload the page. I can then publish, but without an image. Note that once I publish the tutorial and video, I can go back, edit the tutorial and add an image with no problem.

Thx.

• Administrator

It seems it's taking a long time for files with upper case extensions, like image1.PNG, rather than image1.png. Some upload; some don't.

Probably something in 4.7.2.1 as the app hasn't any change in that specific area. Will make some tests in my dev install during the week.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Adriano said:

It seems it's taking a long time for files with upper case extensions, like image1.PNG, rather than image1.png. Some upload; some don't.

Probably something in 4.7.2.1 as the app hasn't any change in that specific area. Will make some tests in my dev install during the week.

No rush. Thanks so much.

• Administrator
On 9/26/2022 at 8:28 AM, Giray said:

Hi Adriano. Could you check if you have any issues uploaded the 'image' in the tutorial app? When I try to upload an image it 'freezes'. I have to reload the page. I can then publish, but without an image. Note that once I publish the tutorial and video, I can go back, edit the tutorial and add an image with no problem.

Thx.

Fixed in the new version. Also, new feature:

• Add "Other videos from this tutorial" when you're viewing a video. This is to enhance the UI so they won't have to go back to the tutorial itself and click in another video.

1120031734_Screenshot2022-09-28at11-39-19ViewingVideoOceansGiveOceansTake-InvisionCommunity.thumb.png.9f938f9aa16747072cbfebf86023f534.png

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
  • Administrator

What's New in Version 2.7.0:

• Add the ability to add polls to article records.
    • New option per category.
  • Now you can place Extra Fields in groups, just like Profile Files.
    • All existing fields are placed in a General group when upgrading to this version so you better check your extra fields after the upgrade.
    • Removed the (per extra field) option to display it on the article sidebar or below the description.
  • Add the ability to schedule article records.
  • Add article records images in the Other Media sections of the editor.

Screenshot2023-02-15at10-40-48(Offline)EditingTutorial-SOSInvisionTestBoard.thumb.png.1750cd6ca9c97c4c24c33bff77a25a29.png

Screenshot2023-02-15at10-40-56(Offline)EditingTutorial-SOSInvisionTestBoard.thumb.png.c96f12a08846aaa4f6224c3e36c10e5f.png

Screenshot2023-02-15at10-41-02(Offline)EditingTutorial-SOSInvisionTestBoard.thumb.png.491694362e28e38ab53a06e1e79364df.png

Screenshot2023-02-15at10-41-15Tutorial1.thumb.png.d2ea82e4f10f735f82a143f074187bb1.png

• 3 months later...
  • Administrator

What's New in Version 2.7.2

• Compatible with IPS 4.7.11+ only
  • Add support to Stock Photos (Pixabay) in upload fields

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

What's New in Version 2.7.3

• Adds the Update Check URL to let you know when a new version is available.