Buy smart and save with discounts ×

Raffles System

Adriano

• Administrator

Raffles System

This application will allow members to create and manage raffles and giveaways on your board.

Features:

• Ability to choose which type of content per category: only Raffles, only Giveaways, or both
  • Up to 100 prizes per raffle/giveaway (category setting)
  • Restrict members participation per raffle/giveaway by:
    • Tickets per member (raffles only)
    • Number of participants
    • Content count
    • Reputation points/likes
    • Number of days as a member
    • Groups
  • Multiple participants per raffle/giveaway (participants can buy more than one ticket (raffle only) to increase their odds)
  • Unlimited categories of raffles/giveaways with permissions, and extra fields, plus the unlimited depth of parent-child relationships with a lot of settings, permissions, and extra fields
  • Category Icons
  • Integrates to Commerce, so you can choose a specific payment gateway, tax, fee, and commission and use multi-currencies
  • Ability to force users to fill the price in currencies
  • Ability to switch between currencies with a click to display raffle prices
  • Raffles Management on ACP: a place where admins can control the status of raffles: activate raffle, change expiration date, and perform mod actions like pin/unpin, lock/unlock, etc
  • Per member settings: allows to access the app and allows to submit raffles
  • Per group settings: allows to access the app, how many approved content items must have to access the app, and restrict X raffles/giveaways by a period (day, week, month, and year)
  • Robust Admin CP Restrictions
  • Ability to take specific actions when a member is deleted or flagged as a spammer
  • The ability for users to report potentially offensive content using the built-in Report Center
  • Supports item marking, allowing your users to see what adverts have been added or commented/reviewed on
  • Integrates to:
    • Activity Streams
    • Share Links
    • Tag/Prefixs system
    • Notifications such as new raffles/giveaways, etc
    • Ability to follow for raffles/giveaways and categories
    • Announcements
    • Advertisements
    • Search system
    • ACP Live Seach (categories)
    • Moderating system, which all common permissions, such as pin, unpin, delete, feature, move, etc., for Raffles, Comments, and Reviews
  • Ability to create RSS feeds of all adverts
  • More...

Notice:

• Each purchase entitles you to use the Raffles System on one Community installation.
  • Be aware that may have local laws regarding paying for the tickets unless you are registered as a non-profit organization, or have special authorization to do so. Some sites like PayPal usually shut accounts down or even take action against the accounts of people using their site in that manner.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

What's New in Version 1.3.7:

• Removes number of tickets from giveaways view
  • Additional checking for raffles with "0.00" cost

• 2 years later...

Hi Adriano. Probably my fault but I cannot activate a raffle. I get a you cannot participate (even as a simple member, not the one submitting, obviously). Note that this is in a Club Raffle. Will now try in a normal raffle to see if that works.

Thx.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 6.20.32 AM.png

Hi again. Not sure if this is related, but the Raffle I created does not show up in the Quizzes raffle connection field. I tried typing in the first letters of the Raffle and the spiral spins for a moment but then nothing shows up.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 6.43.50 AM.png

• Administrator
36 minutes ago, Giray said:

Hi again. Not sure if this is related, but the Raffle I created does not show up in the Quizzes raffle connection field. I tried typing in the first letters of the Raffle and the spiral spins for a moment but then nothing shows up.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 6.43.50 AM.png

• Raffles System
    • Members who plays the quiz and score 100% on it will earn a ticket to a Raffle chosen by the quiz submitter
      • Quiz submitter will be able to choose only their own raffles

It has to be:

• A raffle (not giveaway)
  • It has to be submitted by the quiz author

Is that right in your case?

So, first point resolved. Converted to Raffle and now it appears in the Quiz.

Second still not working for me. Whether it is a Giveaway or a Raffle, in this case a raffle, a user/member cannot participate. I've attached a screenshot of the current raffle.

Remember, I'm trying to participate as another user, not as myself.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 7.37.00 AM.png

• Administrator

Is this a club feature? Did you select groups in the raffle submission form? All groups are selected as default, if I'm not mistaken.

• Administrator

Nevermind. I see the problem and it is exactly the same you had before in Quizzes: category permission in club features. See:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.d732c296ed259cec28eec9a1482c04d4.PNG

Participate is the BUY option and it is a CATEGORY PERMISSION, as you can see above. The script:

if( !$container->can( 'buy' ) )
		{
			$reason[] = \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack( 'raffle_cant_participate_category', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => $type ) );
		}

The error:

'raffle_cant_participate_category' => 'You do not have permission to participate in this %s.',

So in clubs only GIVEAWAYS will work.

I'll have to release a new version to remove RAFFLES from club features.

That's what I said in the IPS post I linked you earlier: Clubs is unusable to me to the lack of permissions.

These are my current permissions for members.

Screenshot 2022-11-23 at 7.53.17 AM.png

Just so as I understand what you are removing. Will it be possible for a club quiz to work with a club raffle (or giveaway)?

• Administrator

This screen you posted only works in regular categories, not in Clubs. PARTICIPATE/BUY is a CATEGORY permission and club feature HASN'T permissions so only GIVEAWAYS will work in Clubs.

I HATE CLUBS!

• Administrator

Another solution would be to bypass completely this permission in CLUBS, so anyone would be able to purchase a ticket. I would also add a notice like that in the club form:

uQQ51pi.png

Is this reasonable?

All right. I found a convoluted way of doing what I want. I've created a quiz in a club. I have then created a raffle in the main community. I have made the price of the raffle $0.01 and then created a discount coupon for $0.01. I have then linked the two. The only thing missing for me right now is that upon completion of the Quiz, and therefore an entry into the raffle, I as the member did not receive any notification from the raffle. If I go to the raffle, I am there, so I know that the credit happened, I just don't have a notification. It's not a major problem but wondering if I missed a setting.

Thanks... I think we are finally going to launch our first real raffle 😊

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Giray said:

I found a convoluted way of doing what I want. I've created a quiz in a club. I have then created a raffle in the main community. I have made the price of the raffle $0.01 and then created a discount coupon for $0.01. I have then linked the two.

I can't ask to people do that. :)

I will proceed and make the change I said above: in clubs everyone can do everything, so anyone (obviously who can access the club and is a member) will be able to purchase a ticket.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adriano said:

I can't ask to people do that. :)

Understood. I'll wait for the update and then see.

Again, thanks for your amazingly quick response.

• Like 1

• Administrator
On 11/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, Giray said:

Understood. I'll wait for the update and then see.

Giray, would you mind make some tests before I submit the new version? I change the whole ticket and purchase routines (in order to have a better winner picking by odds) so it would be nice to test them properly. If you can, will send a message with the attachment.

Thanks.

----------------------------------------------------

Never mind. New version is available.

• Administrator

What's New in Version 1.6.5:

• Rebuild the raffles draw in order to have a better winner picking by odds
  • Add raffles records to the stock Similar Content widget

• Administrator

What's New in Version 1.6.6:

• Fix error when creating Raffles club feature
  • Script adjustments to handle creation/deletion of raffles and prizes thumbnails

• 4 weeks later...

Suggestion:  Enable a global app Giveaway only mode which primary influences the language pack for sites that cannot legally do Raffles and want to otherwise only display Giveaway verbiage.  My current workaround is doing language updates to override all Raffle labels with Giveaway.  I believe there are 13 pages of updates however, so having a config setting to toggle this would simplify this process. 

• Administrator
On 12/25/2022 at 7:21 PM, Clover13 said:

No rush, but noticed the date entered is just before epoch time

JOINED IN GIVEAWAY

December 31, 1969

Where is showing like this? I don’t see this anywhere. 

On 12/26/2022 at 1:51 PM, Clover13 said:

Suggestion:  Enable a global app Giveaway only mode which primary influences the language pack for sites that cannot legally do Raffles and want to otherwise only display Giveaway verbiage.  My current workaround is doing language updates to override all Raffle labels with Giveaway.  I believe there are 13 pages of updates however, so having a config setting to toggle this would simplify this process. 

The “global giveaway mode” already exists: if you don’t have Commerce, Raffles won’t be an option in the categories. If you have and still don’t want Raffles, just don’t enable them in categories. Regarding the texts, sorry , the language system is exactly for this matter. You don’t want to use the right way to do it, that means I will have to create other 13 pages of new language bits. I’m pretty sure people that translates the app to other languages won’t be happy with it. You have to think that there are other users already using this for 5 years; exactly 143 other admins; I can’t change things based in one suggestion only. Marketplace resources are pretty hard to change after certain time.

9 minutes ago, Adriano said:

Where is showing like this? I don’t see this anywhere. 

The “global giveaway mode” already exists: if you don’t have Commerce, Raffles won’t be an option in the categories. If you have and still don’t want Raffles, just don’t enable them in categories. Regarding the texts, sorry , the language system is exactly for this matter. You don’t want to use the right way to do it, that means I will have to create other 13 pages of new language bits. I’m pretty sure people that translates the app to other languages won’t be happy with it. You have to think that there are other users already using this for 5 years; exactly 143 other admins; I can’t change things based in one suggestion only. Marketplace resources are pretty hard to change after certain time.

It's showing in the View All Participants popup list.  Below is a screenshot:

1635749246_ScreenShot2022-12-27at12_45_40PM.png.4f53cc991882117fb690e84b3a0136e2.png

I did see a Category specification for Giveaways only which is what I use (because I have to from a legal perspective).  I also understand the increased complexity of updating the application to support Giveaways only verbiage.  Agree, the IPS language pack supports this and is suitable for this purpose.  Not knowing your customer base or how many use Giveaway only mode, I can't say what level of value this enhancement would have, which is why it was just a suggestion.  I can only say where I live and my site operates, the government is very critical of the usage of the term "Raffles", even in verbiage, and what types of companies/organizations/individuals can run them, so I have to be certain I label things exclusively as Giveaways otherwise it could become problematic from a legal perspective.  As you noted, as long as there is a way to do make the application present/appear as and operate as a Giveaway, then it meets the need.  This suggestion was merely a site owner management convenience that may or may not be worth the development effort to do so. 👍

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Clover13 said:

1635749246_ScreenShot2022-12-27at12_45_40PM.png.4f53cc991882117fb690e84b3a0136e2.png

Thanks. Will check it out. 

• Thanks 1

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Clover13 said:

It's a template edit. Do you want me to show how to fix it here or do you wait for the next version (10 - 15 days)?

7 minutes ago, Adriano said:

It's a template edit. Do you want me to show how to fix it here or do you wait for the next version (10 - 15 days)?

You can show me here, I'm comfortable doing it until the official release.