Support Board

Reason For Locking Topics

• Administrator

Reason For Locking Topics

This plugin will require a reason for locking topics in your community. Reason will be displayed in topic view.

Settings:

• Show moderator name who locked the topic
  • Style of the reason message on topic view

Note:

• This is supposed to work ONLY in topic view by clickin in LOCK in Moderation Actions menu. It won't work in forum view when you select one or more topics.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

View File Reason For Locking Topics This plugin will require a reason for locking topics in your community. Reason will be displayed in topic view. Settings:

I solved it with a css of the developer of the theme

I have two questions:
1) With the default theme it works perfectly while with my IPFocus theme, a second window appears also under the initial warning. It is definitely a compatibility issue, so I ask you if you can take a look or if I have to ask the developer of my theme

2020-02-07-002319.png

2) Once you have set the type of message that I want to get (error, warning, success etc.) all the Topics that are closed will have the same color chosen in the settings, right?
It would be useful to be able to freely choose which type of message to insert, when I add the reason for the block.
Why a Topic could be closed for a simple warning or for a serious mistake.
Do you think you can get it in an upcoming update?

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Vincenzo said:

Do you think you can get it in an upcoming update?

I don’t promise at all, as I don’t see any sense on it. The message style is global, like any other message in the suite. A non permission is red everywhere, for example. 

8 hours ago, Vincenzo said:

With the default theme it works perfectly while with my IPFocus theme, a second window appears also under the initial warning

I would say it’s a theme issue indeed, if it works fine on default theme.

2 hours ago, Adriano said:

A non permission is red everywhere, for example.

Mine was just an idea considering that maybe I want to be able to close a topic because for example a request has been resolved within it (and therefore I would like to put the success message) or close a topic because the author has made a mistake ( then warning message)
I agree with you that global messages must be of the same color but theoretically those in my opinion are non-global personal messages, because they affect individual topics
This is only my point of view: if it is not possible to add this, I will understand