Support Board

Members Shop Clubs Add-On

Adriano

• Administrator

Members Shop Clubs Add-On

This application will extend the members shop app allowing more features to the clubs features of the suite

Features

• You can charge users points to create a club
  • Allow club owners to charge points to other members to join their club
  • You can charge users points to add modules to their clubs
    • Charge users to create a forums module in their club
    • Charge users to create a downloads module in their club
    • Charge users to create a gallery module in their club
    • Charge users to create a calendar module in their club

More to come

Requirements to use this application

• 8 months later...

You mentioned in the product description, "You can charge users points to create a club."

A one-time fee for the use of the club would be appropriate for some use-cases but there could be a lot of use-cases where the site owner might want to charge a member a yearly fee to help offset operating costs, and to make a modest profit.  If the member doesn't renew the subscription the member has their admin privileges revoked and they can no longer monetize the club for themselves. The site admin assumes ownership of the club and can do whatever they please with it.

• Could that capability be added to this app?

Renewal pricing should be admin configurable.  Maybe first year a club subscription is heavily discounted to incentive members to launch and grow a club.  Subsequent yearly subscriptions would no longer be discounted.

I would be willing to sponsor such functionality as it would tie in nicely with your upcoming Dynamic Learning Environment app.

I wouldn't be looking for this added functionality until the first couple of weeks of January so you would have ample time to pencil it into your development schedule, I hope.